Pages

Thursday 11 February 2016

BYOW in St. Catharines

Bring Your Own Wine
Photo from tripadvisor.com

There are a lot of restaurants in Niagara Region.  Some are really good.  Some are not really good.  Today I want to tell you about one of the best ones.  I went to The Office Tap and Grill this Tuesday.  It is located 22 James St. St. Catharines.  They have amazing food and amazing staff.  Go read all the reviews at Trip Advisor, if you don’t believe me.  Their menu is the awesome.  The Office offers a wide range of food and drinks.  It’s one of the few locations in St. Catharines that makes a good Manhattan.

Google Maps Location
I had the wonton nachos for my appetizer.  It was a really interesting take on a traditional dish.  For dinner I got the lamb shank and it was also really great.  Give the menu a click you won’t be disappointed. 

But wait, Jon, I thought you were a wine guy who talked about wine.  Why are you talking about this place that serves food and cocktails?   

Here’s the best part of The Office and why I’m including it in today’s wine blog.  The best part is that you can bring your own wine.  Right now your probably saying to yourself, that’s nothing new in Ontario.  You are 100 percent right.  The Office offers free corkage on Tuesdays.  That means you get to bring your own wine and not get charged for the corkage fees.  It decreases your bill significantly.  If by chance you forget to bring your favourite bottle of vino The Office has many wines from the Niagara Region for you to enjoy.  
Check out the full list here.

3 comments:

  1. Nice post about one of my favourite spots in St. Catharines! My personal favourite to order are the Zen Noodles, it's a nice Asian-inspired dish. I think The Office was actually one of the first places around here to embrace the "BYOW" trend, but I didn't realize that there's no corkage fees on Tuesdays. Good to know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Zen Noodles... Glad you enjoyed the post sir.

      Delete
  2. I work at Mele Trattoria, a small restaurant downtown St.Catharines. Free corkage on Tuesdays & Wednesday! You should check it out.

    ReplyDelete