Pages

Thursday 4 February 2016

Wine and Dine on Valentines Day

Happy Valentines Day All you Wonderful People out There.

Valentines Day is quickly approaching.  As a guy who tries to avoid all special occasions I tend to dread Valentines Day the most.  When I was single it was about going out and celebrating freedom.  Now that I’m in a committed relationship I find myself having to care about this faux holiday.  Every year I have to figure out what to do.  This year I’m going with a theme and it’s the same theme as my blog. 

Don’t worry; if you are single this list will benefit you too.  Welcome to the ultimate dinner and wine pairing list. 

Reif Estates Cabernet Merlot
Valentines Day is a celebration even if you’re single.  Don’t be lonely, drink and find other lonely people.  As such, I feel a celebration needs to be kicked off with a sparkling wine.  My sparkling of choice is from Tawse winery.  The Spark 2014 Lime Ridge Riesling is recommendation to you.  As for the food to eat with the wine, a lime shrimp and avocado salad would be easy to make and delicious. 

The main course comes from Reif Estates Winery in Niagara-on-the-Lake.  It’s a Braised Beef Bolognese with a Reif Estate Cabernet Merlot.  It sounds hard to cook but totally worth it.  To be honest you could have this dish with box wine and no one would notice because it’s that good. 

Lastly we have desert.  Go make this ice wine cocktail from my last blog.  After you make that drink you buy a book of heart shaped chocolates and eat the entire box in one sitting.  Why?  You just spent hours in the kitchen cooking up food now you have to treat yourself with some chocolate and cocktail. 

That's the best way to enjoy Valentines Day in my humble opinion.  As always please drink responsibly.  



5 comments:

  1. "Don’t worry; if you are single this list will benefit you too." Woo hoo!

    Thanks for the recommendations, Jon. Can't wait to try some of these out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need all the help I can get for Valentines Day! Thanks Jon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I can help. I'm hopeless personally but that's why I write this stuff. A learning experience for all.

      Delete
  3. The Zesty Lime Shrimp and Avocado Salad sound so tempting

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tried the shrimp and avocado salad will surely try it as it sounds delicious

    ReplyDelete